Changes to Build a Healthier You
Replace the coffee and doughnut breakfast for something healthier! Go for a walk after your meal instead of taking a nap! Nutrition and exercise are key to a healthy lifestyle and a long, happy, and joyful life! If you want more ideas to jumpstart your healthy living, keep reading!
Our chiropractors at Stanford Chiropractic Center urges you to stop smoking, eat a well-balanced diet, drink tons of water, and create and stick to an exercise regimen! Here are some dietary and lifestyle changes our chiropractors recommends that will put you on the right path to a healthier life.
- Workout a minimum of 20-30 minutes a day, three or four times a week
- Try to avoid eating out. Reason being, food preparation in restaurants are made for mass quantities, so they tend to have high amounts of the bad kinds of fats and sugars
- Make your own lunches for work and make sure they contain fruits, vegetables, and grains
- Try to cut down or quit smoking and drinking. It can keep your body from absorbing all the nutrients it needs
- Try to consume more raw foods because canned and cooked foods do not have as much nutrition. Fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables have much more vitamins and minerals.
- Try to eat organic foods if it is possible. Organic foods contain less toxins, pesticides, and metals.
- Attempt to eat 25-30 grams of fiber a day. Some examples of foods that contain a lot of fiber are whole grain breads, cereals, beans, nuts, and some fruits and vegetables. Fiber can help prevent acid reflux and other digestive disorders as well as heart disease and colon cancer.
- Try to consume eight 8-10 ounce glasses of water a day. You tend to dehydrate your body when you only consume tea, coffee, soda, and alcohol.
Visit our chiropractors at our Palo Alto office! Our chiropractors and the staff at Stanford Chiropractic Center can set you up with individualized treatment options such as fitness and nutritional routines that work best for you because we understand that everyone is different!