Boost Your Immune Now!!
Halloween for most means wearing fun costumes and eating a huge variety of candies from going trick or treating. Halloween definitely kick starts the Holiday Indulgence of Thanksgiving and Christmas, then New Year Events. Winter holidays come one after another, tempting us with decadent foods and the guilty pleasures of deserts and goodie mania.
Now, while there is nothing wrong with eating sweets, we have to remember not to consume too much of it. Too many sweets can lead to a weaker immune system, tooth decay, cavities, and even gastronomic problems. To make sure you are ready for the holidays, you have to boost our immune system now!
How do you effectively boost our bodies in a way that will prep us for sweets and heavy eating this coming winter?
- ● Eat Right: With all of the holiday parties and baked goods coming your way, be sure to get enough fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean protein in your daily diet. Look for colorful fruits and vegetables such as berries, citrus fruits, kale, spinach, broccoli, sweet potatoes and carrots. Mushroom such as shiitake, maitake and reishi are also very helpful to boosting your immune system.
- ● Drink Tea: Studies show that people who drank 5 cups of black tea per day for 2 weeks had 10 times the amount of virus-fighting interferon in their blood than a control group who drank a hot placebo.. Drinking hot tea each day can help boost your antioxidants and protect your immune system. So put down the apple cider and caramel sauce or hot chocolate and pick up a nice cup of hot tea and some honey.
- ● Sleep: The rule is to sleep 6 to 8 hours a day as you grow older. Not getting enough sleep can lead to higher stress levels and possible inflammation to your body, so make sure you’re getting the recommended amount in.
- ● Find time to exercise: Right exercise keeps your blood flowing healthily, and helps you release endorphins, also known as happy hormones. Daily exercise helps boost your immune system, and is also a great way to burn the calories from all the meals and sweets consumed.
- ● Meditate:Quiet alone time does wonders not just for sanity but also for your immune system. It reduces stress, and also helps us think of the best ways we can do to improve our health and our lifestyle as well. Too much stress can increase your body’s immunity-weakening cortisol hormone levels. Manage your stress by unwinding with a good book or movie, learning how to meditate, connecting with other people or exercising
- ● Drink More water thann your noraml:It is recommended to drink 8 glasses of water a day. In the season of sugar and excess if is recommended for you to drink more than your normal to continue to flush out your body. Increasing your water is especially important for those with Diabetes. The lesson: stay hydrated to avoid unnecessary high blood sugars.
Boosting our immune system before sweets from Halloween and other winter holidays should be imperative even when the holidays are over. We all tend to have cheat days every now and then, where we allow ourselves to munch on chocolates and order dessert. To make sure we are always healthy, make the above tips a daily habit.
For healthy habit ideas contact us at Stanford Chiropractic for your complimentary consultation. We look forward to your overall improved health!